SWITCHPack® is a UNIX-based transaction switching application software that acts as a switching gateway between merchants and card issuers. Its main objective is to send merchant requests to the right network for inter-host transaction authorization.
SWITCHPack® offers an unprecedented operating reliability throughout the transaction due to the following:
SWITCHPack® is designed to operate on and take full advantage of a hardwarebased line controller. This line controller is responsible for communicating to the hardware equipment and devices (e.g., POS, Host machine, Switch Network, etc.). Thus, providing high speed switching and quick response time.
SWITCHPack® in conjunction with the hardware architecture, supports a continuous 24 hours a day, 7 days a week operation. It is a multi-tasking system designed using a client-server architecture. SWITCHPack® is written
in 100% C-language and fully utilizes UNIX resources.
SWITCHPack® is expandable in a number of ways to accommodate newrequirements such as:
- Different types of Point-of-Sale (POS) interface
- Interface to numerous Switching Networks
- Interface to Host system
SWITCHPack®, unlike other applications, is designed to have an open architecture that provides flexible interface which conforms to most of the client’s specifications and requirements.
SWITCHPack® fully utilizes TSP (Transaction Server Platform) developed by INTELLIGENT WAVE PHILIPPINES, INC. It is an on-line transaction processing software engine for UNIX-based systems, particularly UNIX SVR4. TSP is designed for high volume transaction processing, providing the ability to support a wide variety of financial applications and flexibility to be modified for connection to almost any network.
TSP provides SWITCHPack® the necessary transaction routing/switching and interfaces to different systems. It also provides services like transaction logging, process control, process scheduling and a timer system, to achieve optimum response time.
SwitchPack® provides the following features:
- Affordability – It offers the most cost-effective solution in providing high quality switching application as compared to other solutions.
- Reliability – The system has been carefully designed and has passed through a rigid quality control and testing.
- Flexibility – The modular design of SWITCHPack® software ensure that the system can adapt to future requirements.
- Expandability – SWITCHPack® can support numerous types of Switch interface and is expandable to support future requirements.
- After Support – Our customer support and training ensure successful installation and operation of the SWITCHPack® system. Customers are entitled to a 90-day warranty period after production. During this period, the customer can ask IWPI engineers for assistance and consultation on technical issues. After the warranty has expired, the customer has the option to enroll in our maintenance program, where he can further avail of our technical phone assistance (helpdesk support) and service on minor changes in the system, plus a notification on system updates and free software version upgrades.